In just a couple of weeks, the first Formula 1 race of the 2012 season will begin with 58 laps of Melbourne. With the controversy over the coverage, many fans have been waiting anxiously to see their new channel appear on the Sky listings. As advertised, the channel will be officially launched on Friday 9th March, with a special program starting at 8pm. In the meantime, look up channel 408 and there you go. With a small preview of what Sky has to offer in a looped video, you are watching the Sky Sports Formula One HD channel.
Of course, once the launch program has finished, there will be plenty of programs throughout the week with news and interviews included. I’m sure that throughout the week building up to Melbourne, we will see footage of the testing sessions that have been going on since the new year. For those who haven’t followed the out-of-season updates, here are just a few to keep you in the know.
- All of the new cars have been unveiled.
- Jerez day 1 – Raikkonen leads for Lotus.
- Jerez day 2- Schumacher leads with his Mercedes 2011 car.
- Jerez day 3 – Rosberg leads.
- Jerez day 4 – Alonso leads for Ferrari.
- Barcelona day 1 – Vettle leads for Red Bull.
- Barcelona day 2 – Hulkenberg leads for Force India.
- Barcelona day 3 – Maldonado leads for Williams.
- Barcelona day 4 – Kobayashi leads.
- Pirelli are satisfied with tire performance in Barcelona.
- Marussia delay the launch of their car after it fails a crash test.
- Lotus has had chassis problems with their cars, which as been resolved.
- Tickets for the races are on sale!
To see a list of all race dates with start times, click here.