A series of blog posts detailing the progress of my Final Major Project; how can online video provide a news audience with additional content?
I am producing an interactive video that will establish whether the added production needs outweigh the benefit of its results. The content of the video will be exploring the relationship between privacy and security.
In the wake of a growing threat from international and home-grown terrorism, should the public accept less privacy in exchange for greater security?
- First recorded video - This week I recorded the first footage for the content of my project. I did two interviews this week in London and Birmingham, speaking to Sir David Omand and Francis Clarke about […]
- Video content and production - As the sixth week of production comes to an end, it’s time I stepped back from coding to concentrate on the video’s content. Throughout the research stages of the project, I have […]
- Show/hide function - I decided this week to take the code back to basics; stripping it back to just the video sources. The previous code successfully placed the videos on top of each other, and […]
- Interactivity: first steps of coding - One of the elements of the artefact I am producing within my MA by Practice project is a layer of interactivity. It is my intention to allow the viewer an opportunity to […]
- Arranging interviews - It has been a week since my blog post introducing my MA by practice project, titled: In the wake of a growing threat from international and home-grown terrorism, should the public accept less […]
- Introducing my MA Project - This is the first blog post in a series that will map out the progress of my MA by Practice module at Birmingham City University. It is the final piece of work on my postgraduate degree in Online Journalism.It hasn't been too long since I submitted the proposal for this assignment, which I opted for instead of writing a dissertation.